Tuesday, July 28, 2009

From this to that...

This is a wooden box that I have had for quite a while. I have always wanted to alter it and finally decided to get it done. I used some beautiful cardstock called Willoughby from The Angel Company and covered the box piece by piece. I used Modge Podge to adhere the paper to the box and then sealed the box with another layer of Modge Podge.
Originally it was going to be a box to hold greeting cards or maybe a small album but that was no longer possible. All the cardstock made the lid to thick to easily slide back and forth into the box itself. In order to make it into a usable project I forced the lid on knowing that I would never be able to remove the lid again. I ended up chipping off a piece of the wood from the lid of the box and used the flower to cover it up. I still like how pretty it looks and it's now sitting on my scrapbook table. My only regret is that I didn't take a photograph of how pretty it looked inside the box before it was sealed forever.
I really wish the last photograph showed just how pretty this box is. I'm going to try and get a better photo later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment