Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Altered Bird House and September TAC Contest Winner

This is a small wooden bird house that I finally took the time to play with and altered.  I love the finished project.  I used cardstock from the Mia's Cottage Collection from The Angel Company, acrylic paint and buttons.  This really is a quick and easy project. 
I also found out earlier today that I was one of the September contest winners for The Angel Company.  I've included the link - I hope you will take a moment and check out my winning entry and the other contest winner projects as well.

Thanks for looking!!

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Altered Coasters

These are some old ceramic coasters that I found at a thrift store. I scooped them up and finally decided to take the leap and altered them. I am really torn on whether I am totally happy with the finished project or not. The coasters on the top right and bottom left are my favorites. I kind of wish I had stamped more images on the other two. I can't make any changes now but that's okay. I will probably use them as paper weights anyway. Your thoughts??

The TAC products used in this project are:
"Amberley Grace" cardstock from the Soar With It Collection
"Swirlies" stamp set
"Life Thoughts" stamp set
Palette Ink - Burnt Umber

and finally Mod Podge to seal the tops and sides of each coaster.

Friday, September 4, 2009

100% Boy

I finally got this old canister altered this afternoon. All products (except the canister) are from The Angel Company. I used the following products:
Kaleidoscope Boyz Cardstock (V921)
Hoppy Everything Stamp Set (T2732)
Wonder Tape (F241)
Palette Noir Ink (T220)
Miscellaneous red ribbon.
I wrapped the paper around the canister using Wonder Tape. I attached the red ribbon around edge of lid. I stamped the little frog on green cardstock, cut him out and attached him to the bottom of the canister using mounting tape. I used the cardstock stickers to spell out my grandson's name. I think it turned out really cute. What do you think??

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Altered Recipe Box #2

This is another recipe box that I altered last weekend. Although this box was already cute with the bird on it I really wanted to change the look with some pretty cardstock. but I decided I really wanted to use some TAC papers instead. I attached the cardstock to the box with Wonder. Stamped with images on cardstock and punched them out. Attached to box and added the button.
This really is a quick and easy project. I think I will finish altering all the other boxes I have and use them at workshops.
TAC Products Used:
"Angelee" Cardstock from the Soar With It Collection
"All Things of Nature" - Stamp Set
"Life Thoughts" - Stamp Set
"Jumbo Java" - Versa Magic Ink
Mega Scalloped Circle Punch
Giga Scalloped Circle Punch
Wonder Tape
Miscellaneous Products:
Recipe Box

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Altered Recipe Box

Here are before and after photographs of another item I altered this past weekend. This is a recipe box that I found on clearance for 50 cents a while ago. I thought it would be fun to give it a new look. I decided not to use any stamps and just use cardstock and miscellaneous items. This is another quick and easy project. I had so much fun making this one that I made another one which I will post at another time. I just wish this cardstock wasn't discontinued.

A Sneak Peek.....

Here is a before photo of something that I altered this past weekend. I thought it would be fun to give you a sneak peek at this before I post the finished project in a few days. This is another dollar item I found at a craft store (a long time ago) that I have been wanting to alter. I just haven't taken the time to do it. In case you can't tell what this item is - it is a 4.25" by 6.25" wooden placque. I think the princess is cute but I am really excited about my finished project and can't wait to share it with you. This was a quick and easy project.