Sunday, November 22, 2009

Beta Bob and Bubbles

I have been having so much fun watching my Beta fish the last couple of months.  I named him Beta Bob.  It turns out that Beta Bob is a very happy Beta.  The reason I know that is because of all the bubbles on the side of his fish bowl. 

From the research I have done about this phenomenon its all about the following:

1.  It's the male beta's that create all these bubbles.
2.  It's because he is happy.
3.  He's hoping to win the heart of a female Beta (if only for a brief moment in time).
4.  The bubbles hide the babies.

Ironically he thinks I am his kindred spirit.  Makes me chuckle to think about it.  Anyway - I took some photos and thought it would be fun to share them with you.  What do you think??  I wonder how long it took Beta Bob to create all those bubbles??  I should have timed him. 





No comments:

Post a Comment