Saturday, August 22, 2009

"Want to Fly" Altered 4" x 4" Canvas



A friend of mind wanted an altered canvas for her desk at work. She loves butterflies almost as much as I do. One of her favorite cardstocks is from the Winchester Collection (V-835) so I used that to cover the front of both canvas pieces (before attaching them together). I inked the edges of each canvas to tone down the white edge with Versa Magic in "Eggplant." (S-963). I cut some DCWV cardstock into 3.75" x 3.75"and attached them to the insides of the canvas and then attached the canvas pieces together with the hinges. I cut two 3.5" x 3.5" squares out of being cardstock and stamped the images in Versa Magic "Spanish Olive" (S-959).
I created the bottom border on the canvas with the quote on it by using the edges only of the same set used on the opposite canvas. I used Wonder Tape (F-237) to attach the ribbon and cardstock to the canvas. I stamped the butterfly from the "Want to Fly" stamp set (T-3046) in Spanish Olive, attached it to the canvas and added ribbon to continue the line across the entire canvas.
For the front I punched scallop circles using the Mega Scalloped Punch (D-700) and Giga Scalloped Circle Punch (D-701). I stamped "Just Because" (T-2899) in Versa Magic Eggplant), added a large eyelet, ribbon and attached to the front canvas. I added bling to the flower centers and I was done. All supplies are from The Angel Company. It was so much fun making this altered canvas that I am going to make a similar one for own desk at work.

5 comments:

  1. That is so neat! I've been messing with canvases too, so many options out there! Lucky friend you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Art Work.
    I guess I have been replaced now that I dont have a desk there anymore. I know who love butterflies. Tell her I say Hello
    Enjoy the ART

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!I bet she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is BEAUTIFUL! I bought some of these canvases a year or two ago and have yet to touch them... how inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete